<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thavytime.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Thavy Time: DIY Harry Potter Monopoly

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

DIY Harry Potter Monopoly


 To say I love Harry Potter is an understatement. I am literally OBSESSED with Harry Potter. On a scale from 1 – 10 on how obsessed I am, I would have to say 9 ¾! So when I stumbled upon this DIY “Harry Potter” Monopoly board game I literally could not believe my eyes. I had to make/have it.

However, I can’t take any of the credit for this magical project. I want to thank Robbie from CollettCreative for his amazing illustrations and sharing his work with the world. Everything is so perfectly done. From the locations, to the spell cards (“Community Chest”), potion cards (“Chance”), to the “aged” texture paper that resembles parchment paper.

For those of you who wish to make your own, the printable files can be downloaded here. Robbie’s only request is that these are for personal use only and may not be redistributed or sold.



Materials:
-Printed PDF files.
-Monopoly
-Mod Podge
-Foam Brush
-Scissor

I was able to score the 80th anniversary Monopoly for only $5 at Target! The thing I love about this version is that the tokens are rather Harry Potter-esque including a cat, train, and a lantern. The pot of gold kind of resembles the potion symbol as well! I printed all of the PDF files at my local Fedex Kinko’s store because I don’t have access to an oversize printer. If you do, I would take full advantage of it because it is quite costly having them printed at Kinko’s. I also went ahead and had them print the mortgage card, potion and spell cards there as well. To save money and time, I asked them to print the cards on cardstock front and back.

I accidentally dropped my Mod Podge and it cracked and spilled all over my kitchen floor. So be careful, it's sticky!
Halfway there!

The most difficult part was cutting the two board pieces to the correct size. Getting them to match perfectly was the trickiest part. It takes a lot of time and patience but so worth it in the end! I used the large paper cutter at Kinko’s and it took me about 1 ½ - 2 hours cutting all of the pieces.

Once you have everything cut down to the correct size, glue it to the old Monopoly with the Mod Podge. You can coat the board with a top layer of Mod Podge to make it more durable and protect it from life.



Now, round up your friends and family for a game with your new Harry Potter Monopoly! 

I also wanted to add that recently, the Harry Potter world lost a tremendous human being, Alan Rickman. You made Professor Severus Snape larger than life. You are exactly how I pictured him when I was reading the books and you will truly be missed. I raise my wand to you.


RIP Alan Rickman. 
After all this time? Always.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home